Just a quick Newsletter this week. There is no “Friday Night at the Studio” event this week. It is Good Friday and I’m having the day off! However for those of you who may be feeling withdrawal symptoms and who can’t wait until the following week’s Mega Model Night II on 13th April, I am running a special full day Art Nude and Glamour Nude Event on Easter Monday 9th April. (I know there are a lot of people unavailble which means those who can make it will be shooting in a small group, making this a real bargain event – 1 full day, and 2 different models all for just £65!).
Finally a reminder – the “Intermediate Photography Course” starts on Wednesday. Be sure to book your place.
For more information on all these events, plus the full calendar and details of this week photography videocast, please read on….
Art/Glamour Nude Day
Monday, 9 April 2012 , 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Location: Ian’s Studio
Not a formal workshop, but a chance to try out some art nude and some glamour nude set ups. Come with ideas of what you want to create, and work with the models throughout the day.
We will have two models with us this day one in the morning the other in the afternoon.
I am pleased to announce that one of the models for the day will be Rosie M. Rosie will be the “Art Nude” model for the event. Rosie was last at the Studio for an Art Nude workshop in February.
You can see Rosie’s Purestorm profile here: http://purestorm.com/rosie_m_7. You can some of the images from the Art Nude Workshop with Rosie here: http://photos.imb.biz/model/shoot/rosieartnude (all these links contain artistic nudity).This event is ideal for those who have previously attended the art nude workshops we have run at the studio and wish to build on that.
I am pleased to be able to announce that the second model for this event will be “Karen R.”
You can find her profile on purestorm : http://www.purestorm.com/
Karen is a very experience glamour nude model and being able to shoot glamour with her AND art nude with Rosie M on the same day for a bargain price of just £65 is not to be missed….!
This event is ideal for those who have previously attended the art nude workshops we have run a the studio and wish to build on that.
Please note: To be able to run this event I need a minimum of three photographers to book. The maximum number will be eight photographers.
If we have 7 or 8 confirmed photographers I would set-up a second shooting area and ensure that we have two models for the full day.
Price: £65 (Does NOT include lunch and does NOT include printed notes)
Please can people pay a £20 deposit to secure their place. You can pay your deposit on-line here: http://www.ians-studio.co.uk/pay/
Intermediate Photography Course
Weekly on Wednesday Evenings 7.30pm till 10.00pm from 11th April 2012
Location: Ian’s Studio
The course will consist of eight sessions (session 5 on glamour, boudoir, & art nude is option). Each session will be two and half hours in length.
Each session will look at one or two related genres of photography. We will cover techniques and equipment, and I will be providing practical advice and where appropriate I’ll share experiences from a professional perspective.
- Session 1 : Travel and Architecture
- Session 2 : Available light portraiture and Weddings
- Session 3 : Off Camera flash and strobist techniques
- Session 4 : Studio portrature
- Session 5 : Glamour, boudoir and art nude photography (This session is optional)
- Session 6 : Events, theatre and performance photography
- Session 7 : Macro, product and commercial photography
- Session 8 : Sports and wildlife photography
Each session will leave you with some homework to reinforce the skills and techniques we have talked about.
8 Sessions: £165.
or 7 Sessions (omitting session 5) : £155
The course is aimed at photographers who have a reasonable level of photographic knowledge. I have designed the course to be particularly suitable for those who have already completed my “Introduction to Digital Photography” course. If you have not completed that course, you should have an understanding of photographic techniques such as exposure, aperture, controlling depth of field, etc. Experience of using flash guns is useful but not essential. As with any course the time spent on any given subject will be tailored to reflect the current knowledge and experience of those attending.
Printed course materials will be provided to all attendees. Throughout the course there will be opportunities should you wish to have your photographs assessed to help you improve.
Places on the course will be limited. To book your place please contact me.
Please note: The course is designed for users of DSLR cameras. If you have a “compact” camera or a “bridge” camera please contact me to discuss its suitability for this course.
Friday, 13 April 2012 , 7:00 PM – 10:00 PM
Location: Ian’s Studio
Time for another Mega Model Night! For this session I will be arranging for as many different models to visit the studio as possible. I will be setting up a number of shooting areas within the studio. Plus (weather permitting) some shooting areas outside.
Every twenty minutes you move on to work with a different model in a different shooting area.All models will be working on a TF* basis. Any models offering topless or nude levels may optionally make a small charge per 20 min session in addition to requiring images from the shoot.
Any model working at fashion or lingerie levels will NOT make any additional charges.
There is no obligation for photographers to shoot anything other than clothed levels.We currently have the following models confirmed:
- Sarah Hobart – See: http://www.purestorm.com/shobart (Working to topless @ £5 per 20min)
- Rachael Fairburn (modelling part of the evening photographing the other part) – See: http://www.purestorm.com/Rachael_F (working to fashion/lingerie)
- Crazy Wilde – See: http://purpleport.com/portfolio/crazywilde/ (working to nude)
MODELS: If you wish to attend this event please contact me. This will be a great opportunity to network with other models and photographers.
Price: £12 Entrance for photographers only.
(Additional charges *may* be made by some models if you wish to shoot them topless or nude)
Video 008: Talking Pictures with Rick Bradbury
This weeks video is the second part of the interview I did with New To Photo host Rick Bradbury. In this video Rick and I talk about some of his favourite images and the techniques he used to create them. It’s quite a long video but Rick shares so much useful information that it was difficult to edit any of it out.
Here’s the link: http://youtu.be/FXNYs-kgQHg?hd=1
Please subscribe to the video feed on YouTube – this will help my chances of attracting sponsors so that I can afford to keep producing the videos. Comments and like on YouTube are also helpful.
Here’s are the links to released previously.
- Video 007 Photographing a bottle of beer
- Video 006 Microphone Tests
- Video 005 Photography Critique: Yuri Vashchenko
- Video 004 Multiplicity DIY
- Video 003 Interview with Rick Bradbury
- Video 002 Stock Photography: RM or RF?
- Video 001 Caricature self-portrait
- Video 000 Introductory video
Please take a look at them and let me know what you think (good or bad), also let me know of any topics you would like me to cover.
- Light tent for eBay products
- How to photograph a helicopter… a guide to substitute exposure readings.
- Photography Critique: Shawn Truesdell
- Time lapse showcase
- Lightroom Metadata
- How to create a time lapse video
Please note the titles and order of release is still provisional at this stage and may change.
If you have a YouTube account you can subscribe to updates to my channel so that you are notified when new videos come along.
The Full Programme
For full details of all our fourthcomming events please use the links below..
- Bank Holiday Monday, 9 April 2012 – Art/Glamour Nude Day
- Friday, 13 April 2012 – Mega Model Night II
- Saturday, 14 April 2012 – Night Photography Workshop
- Friday, 20 April 2012 – Dance Dance Dance
- Friday, 27 April 2012 – Table Top Night: High speed photography
- Saturday, 28 April 2012 – Introduction to Studio Photography Workshop
- Sunday, 29 April 20-12 – Messy Art Nude Workshop
- Friday, 4 May 2012 – Wet and Wild!
- Friday, 11 May 2012 – Film Noire Night
- Saturday, 12 May 2012 – Lightroom Training Day
- Friday, 18 May 2012 – Macro & Focus Stacking
- Saturday, 19 May 2012 – Wet and Messy Day
- Friday, 25 May 2012 – Snakes on a Nude
- Saturday, 26 May 2012 – Digital rain & wet-look glamour workshop
- Friday, 1 June 2012 – Multiplicity
- Sunday, 24 June 2012 – Girl/Girl Messy Day