The course will consist of eight sessions (session 5 on glamour, boudoir, & art nude is optional). Each session will be two and half hours in length.
Please note this is classroom based training with practical homework assignments to back-up what we have covered in each session. Discounts will be available to course attendees to attend other events at the studio.
Each session will look at one or two related genres of photography. We will cover techniques and equipment, and I will be providing practical advice and where appropriate I’ll share experiences from a professional perspective.
- 21 April – Session 1 : Travel and Architecture
- 28 April – Session 2 : Available light portraiture and Weddings
- 05 May – Session 3 : Off Camera flash and strobist techniques
- 12 May – Session 4 : Studio portraiture
- 19 May – Session 5 : Glamour, boudoir and art nude photography
- 26 May – Session 6 : Events, theatre and performance photography
- 02 June – Session 7 : Macro, product and commercial photography
- 09 June – Session 8 : Sports and wildlife photography
Each session will leave you with some homework to reinforce the skills and techniques we have talked about.
8 Sessions: £165.
or 7 Sessions (omitting session 5) : £155
The course is aimed at photographers who have a reasonable level of photographic knowledge. I have designed the course to be particularly suitable for those who have already completed my “Introduction to DSLR Photography” course. If you have not completed that course, you should have an understanding of photographic techniques such as exposure, aperture, controlling depth of field, etc. Experience of using flash guns is useful but not essential. As with any course the time spent on any given subject will be tailored to reflect the current knowledge and experience of those attending.
Printed course materials will be provided to all attendees. Throughout the course there will be opportunities should you wish to have your photographs assessed to help you improve.
Places on the course will be limited.
Please note: The course is designed for users of DSLR cameras. If you have a “compact” camera or a “bridge” camera please contact me to discuss its suitability for this course.