Starting on Tuesday 28th January….. The Comprehensive Studio Photography Course.
This nine session course will cover all aspects of studio based people photography. Each week we will work with different models to create great images, and learn studio techniques.
- Session 1 : Understanding the light – In this first session we will create dramatic head-shots using a single light source and a large range of different light modifiers. By the end of this session you will understand how to set up a studio light, and what effect each modifier has on the final image we are creating.
- Session 2 : Multiple lights – In this session we create interesting portraits by adding in additional light sources. We look at ratios and metering multiple light sources By the end of the session you will be able to set up multiple lights, and under why and when you need to add an extra light.
- Session 3 : Posing & Fashion – In this session we concentrate on how to pose your subjects. We will also look at how to use grey backgrounds and introduce the use of gels to colour light.
- Session 4 : Photographing men & couples – In this session we work with male and female models. We consider some of the techniques for photographing men and how to pose and light couples.
- Session 5 : Boudoir & Lingerie – using low-key lighting and specially created studio sets we look at different ways to create boudoir images.
- Session 6 : Latex, tatoos and alternative models – in this session you will be encouraged to design and set-up your own lighting to best show off our alternative model.
- Session 7 : Glamour – In this session we look at glamour photography. The emphasis will be on hi key lighting set-ups either seamless white or using coloured background papers.
- Session 8 : Art Nude – For this session the emphasis switches to low-key lighting as we consider the creation of art nude images.
- Session 9 : Working with water and other messy substances – for the final session we we look at some of the challenges of working with water and other messy substances such as paint/slime in the studio.
All course participants will receive full printed full printed notes to accompany the course. The notes will cover topics such as posing guidelines, advice on working with models, and sample lighting set-ups.
Additionally each attendee will receive a voucher for 3hrs fee studio hire (worth £50) – to be taken within 6 months of the end of the course. This is your chance to put in to practice all the skill you have learned on the course.
If you want help spreading the cost and wish to pay by installments please contact me for details
To be able to run the course I need a minimum of three people to book.