This course runs in two formats:
7 weekly sessions of two and a half hours : First session Wed 12th September and then running on Monday Evenings from 17th September 2012 till 29th October (No session on Monday 15th October)
Two Day Intensive Training: Date of next run TBA
Whether you choose to do the course over 7 weeks or cover the entire course over a single weekend. This course will give all the basics to go out and start creating great images.[callout title=What others say]This is what previous attendees have said about the course:
“We’re delighted that we chose to attend the introduction to digital photography course. We’re now far more confident with the DLSR camera, and understand what we are doing. Ian’s course is wonderfully clear and structured, supported by ample notes and exercises, and delivered in a thoroughly professional, yet touchingly patient and warm way. The ‘critique’ section at the start of each workshop was especially helpful for learning and the manual provided is absolutely excellent. It’s a pleasure to learn from such a skilled and knowledgeable practitioner as Ian.” Sophie Brown & Adrian West, March 2011
“Super course :-)” -AB
“It was FAB – thank you very much!!” – HH
“Ian is really really good and combines a ‘simple’ powerpoint presentation with comprehensive notes and so forth for your retention and even sets practical and creative tasks and runs critiques etc. This has benefited me already ! I wish I’d been on something like that when I was at college (!)” – DG[/callout]
The course content will include the following:
- Composition, seeing and finding great photos.
- Camera settings – understand what your camera can do
- Getting the camera off auto: understanding F-Stops, shutter speeds, focal lengths and ISO
- White balance – what is it and when to change it
- Flash photography. Creative ways to use your flash gun to enhance your photos
- Controlling the light – reflectors, defusers and filters.
- RAW and JPG – what’s the difference? Why shoot RAW? How to process it
- Downloading, processing and editing.
- Sharing your photos on-line
- Photography in difficult conditions: at night, in the heat of the day, in the rain.
- Photo critiques – learning how to assess your photos and teaching yourself to improve.
The course is aimed at beginners and those who wish to consolidate their photographic knowledge. As with any course the time spent on any given subject will be tailored to reflect the current knowledge and experience of those attending.
Printed course materials (over 100 pages of notes) will be provided to all attendees. Throughout the course there will be opportunities should you wish to have your photographs assessed to help you improve.
The total cost of the course is £149. Places on the course will be limited. To book your place please contact me. (A buffet lunch will be provided on both days of the intensive course).
Please note: The course is designed for users of DSLR cameras. If you have a “compact” camera or a “bridge” camera please contact me to discuss its suitability for this course.