Photographed By Mark Boadey
At this Friday Night at the Studio session, Ian will be handing over to, “New to Photo” podcast host Rick Bradbury……
Hi everyone Rick here.
This event will follow one rule.. Keep it simple and off camera.
I will be showing how to create some great portraits using just one light, be it a small speedlite which many of you may own or studio lights that you will find in a studio like Ian’s.
Why only one light?
- Well is cheaper than 2,3,4,5… you get the idea.
- You gotta start somewhere right?
- Starting Simple = One Light
- It will get the job done, corporate head shot, couple portrait, group portrait or individual portrait. They can all be lit by just One Light.
Visual Intermission …
Image © Copyright & Used With Permission of R J Bradbury
How are we going to shoot?
We will be shooting on a simple white paper background (insert bed sheet for you diyers), with this one background we can make it white, off white, grey or go dark/black.
What will be covered?
- What little gear you need
- But I don’t have a studio space?
- Modifiers and recommended Gear for starting out.
- Get to know your gear – Camera, Lights
- Off Camera lighting basics
- Exposure Variables & Finding good exposure with out a light meter.
- Placing your light and your starting point, highlights and shadows & Reflectors
- Inverse Square Law
- Shooting… as much as we can do.
I will produce a hand out for the event with notes that can be referred back to and a little something extra ;)
Like the lighting there will be one model on this event (TBA) so spaces are limited to 6 photographers so we all get time to shoot.
What you need.
- DSLR Camera & Lens
- Speedlite/Flash Gun if you have one
- If you have any questions about the lighting gear you have then bring that along.
- Your good self :)
- Oh and £20 (Preferably the correct money)
Time: 7pm till 10pm..ish :)
See you on May 6th :)