Introduction to Digital Photography Course
Ian’s Studio used to run a course call “The Introduction to Digital Photography Course” which was designed to help anyone just starting out with a digital camera. With the opening of The Academy, that course has been replaced by a series of individual classroom training sessions.
We generally advise photographers to do the 8 sessions in order. However some photographers may already have a good knowledge of the topics covered in a particular session, therefore we do allow photographers to just book the individual sessions they are interested in. However you should pay careful attention to the topics covered in the previous sessions to ensure you fully understand those topics.
The modules which make up the course are as follows:
- CR001 – Composition & Point of View
- CR002 – Understanding Cameras and Lenses
- CR003 – “What the f ?!?” – Understanding f-numbers, aperture, shutter speed & ISO
- CR004 – Exposing Yourself – Understanding Camera Exposure
- CR005 – Understanding and Controlling the Light
- CR006 – Introduction Digital Image Management and Editing
- CR007 – Coping with Difficult Conditions and Bad Weather
- CR008 – Developing as a Photographer
Plus optionally either of the following
- PR901 – Photo Walk Stockport
- PR902 – Photo Walk Manchester
All sessions are “Academy Events” which means that non-Academy Members can only book in the two weeks prior to each event date. Academy Members can book anytime and get a £6 discount when booking any Academy Event before it is open to non-members. (Monthly membership costs £6). You can join The Academy here.
The following modules are currently scheduled:No Events