In this newsletter, details of two training courses; news about changes to my website; and of course the usual round up of forthcoming events and workshops.
Two Training Courses
I’m pleased to announce details of two seven session training courses. Firstly the long awaited “Intermediate Photography Course“ will start on Wednesday August 31st; and will run fortnightly.
The course will consist of seven sessions (plus and optional session). Each session will be two and half hours in length and will look at one or two related genres of photography. We will cover techniques and equipment, and I will be providing practical advice and where appropriate I’ll share experiences from a professional perspective. Full details of the topics covered and information on how some of the other autumn events link into this course, please check out this page.
And secondly I’m re-running the “Introduction to Digital Photography“ course on Sunday afternoons starting September 18th. There has already been several people approach me about doing the course this time so please tell anyone who is thinking about doing this course to book early.
Web Site Update
I’ve just finished an upgrade to the “training and events“ section of my website – there’s host of new features to help you keep track of what is going on. Here’s some of the features:
- On the right hand side of each page there is now a list of the next five events/workshops.
- We have a “What’s On” page listing all the events/workshops in date order.
- A studio calendar – showing what is happening at the studio each day. This will also be useful to people looking to hire the studio to be able to see when it is available.
- Each type of event (training courses, workshops, Friday Night at the Studio, other events, and model/studio days) has it’s own page so you can easily locate a particular type of event or workshop.
- The previous events and workshop page – now updates automatically, so no more problems caused by me forgetting to update it!
- You can use a form at the bottom of each event/workshop page to book on to that event. At the moment this just notifies me – over the coming weeks I’ll going to look at integrating this with Paypal to make booking and paying easier.
Please take a look round!
Forthcoming Events and Workshops
Friday, 24 June 2011, 7:00 PM – 10:00 PM at Ian’s Studio
I was hoping to have four models but it looks like we will have only one and that is “Elisa” (Purestorm profile). Of the others one can’t make it, one I’m waiting to hear back from, and the last model’s gone in to labour! Price: £25.
Shoot on Sunday
Sunday, 26 June 2011, 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM at Ian’s Studio
Sadly, I’ve had to postpone the “Wedding Photography Workshop“ till Saturday 17th September. …..So it has been suggested that I replace it with a different event! If there is sufficient interest I will organise a model shoot at the studio for Sunday. From 10am till 4pm. If the weather is fine we will use both studio setups and locations outside the studio including the nearby Woodbank and Vernon parks. The cost for this would be £35. Please let me know no later that Thursday if you are interested.
Goths in the Graveyard
Friday, 1 July 2011, 7:00 PM – 10:00 PM. Christ Church Woodford. Our model for next week’s Friday Night event is Rachael F (Purestorm Profile). Rachael is no stranger to Friday Night at the Studio events and is highly recommended by those who have worked with her. Price £22
Friday, 8 July 2011, 7:00 PM – 10:00 PM at Ian’s Studio.
Working with one or two models (depending on the number of photographers booking to attend) we will explore the art of Boudoir photography in this session. We will have a number of set-ups available in the studio and I will demonstrate different ways of lighting and “dressing the set” to create images with a sensual look to them. Price £25
Saturday, 9 July 2011, 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM at Ian’s Studio
Learn Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 3 in one day. This intensive and extensive training day will equip you to get the best out Lightroom and will help you streamline your photography workflow. Price: £60