From Thursday 5th November through to (hopefully) Wednesday 2nd December, England will once again to be subject to a national lockdown.
To help take your mind off lockdown and coronavirus I’m issuing you with a photographic challenge. The challenge is to create 20 different photographs on 20 consecutive days during the lockdown period.
- For at least 20 consecutive days of the lockdown, create at least one photograph each day for the challenge.
- Select the best image you create that day.
- Within 48hrs of creating the photo you should post your selected image to the Ian’s Studio Facebook Group (https://www.facebook.com/IansStudio/) – caption your photograph Lockdown20/# where # is the day number of your challenge. (Eg Lockdown20/1, Lockdown20/2 etc)
- You don’t have to be in England to take part.
- Every selected image MUST be of a different subject. (Yeah, this is what makes it a challenge), you need to think very carefully what you can photograph – you can’t just submit 20 images of your feet up watching telly!
- You must start the challenge between 5th and 11th of November
- You may continue beyond 20 days if you choose
- The challenge will end when lockdown ends
- If you miss a day before you get to 20 consecutive days – you have failed and are out of the challenge.
- You must follow whatever lockdown restrictions apply to you – if you are permitted to go to work you may make photos at work; if you go out for your ‘statutory permitted exercise’ (aka Boris Walk) you make make photos while out for your walk, etc.
- If you can use the images to tell the story of your personal lockdown experience
- If you are not in England follow your local lock down restrictions
At the end
- Please send me your full set of 20 images (wetransfer to firstname.lastname@example.org is the preferred method)
- I will choose up to 20 sets and make them into animated slideshows which I will screen and showcase as part of my weekly photography live stream.
Good luck everyone, stay safe and stay sane!